Field of Study:
The Association for Communication and Advertising (ACA) is South Africa’s official representative body for advertising and communications profession. The voluntary organisation was formed by professionals, for professionals in the industry.
Abey Mokgwatsane is the former CEO of Ogilvy South Africa, and is currently the Managing Executive of Vodacom’s Brand, Communications and Sponsorships throughout South Africa, Mozambique, Lesotho, the Democratic Republic of the Congo and the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
The Association for Communication and Advertising (ACA) has been providing bursaries to disadvantaged students through various bursary programmes over the years. Abey Mokgwatsane, a well-known industry professional will be awarding a bursary in honour of his late grandmother (the Nnete Modise Bursary), which will be administered by the ACA.
The bursary will provide funding for studies towards a Marketing Degree at the AAA School of Advertising, in Cape Town or Johannesburg.
- Driven and dedicated
- Reside outside the main commercial centres of South Africa
- Unable to afford to fund your tertiary education
- Intend on studying towards a Marketing Degree
- Intend on studying at the AAA School of Advertising (at one of the Johannesburg or Cape Town campuses)
The bursary will provide full cover for tuition fees for the entire duration of the degree qualification, as well as covering accommodation expenses.
How to Apply:
Students who meet all of the above requirements, can apply by emailing: [email protected]
(Please insert the words “Abey Mokgwatsane Bursary – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- Matric prelim results
- Motivational letter from the applicant, detailing your economic status
- Motivational letter from the applicants teacher (approximately 500 words)
- Proof of residence outside of the main centres
*Please note: all documentation and applications must be submitted in English.