Field of Study:
Learners in Grades 7-11 applying for Grades 8-12 from Northern, Eastern and Western Cape or from the Southern part of the North West Provinces who come from poor homes.
The African Scholars’ Fund supports scholars who are registered for Business and Engineering studies at Public TVET Colleges.
Our areas of operation are the Eastern Cape [PE and Eastcape Midlands College] and the Western Cape [College of Cape Town and Northlink College].
Bursaries are offered for full-time studies only.
Should your application be successful, we will pay your registration and full course fees.
- Your average mark (all subjects) is 50% or above.
- The school fees are R4500 or less per year.
- The total monthly household income does not exceed R7500.
- You live & attend school in the Free State, Western, Eastern or Northern Cape.
- You are/will be 21yrs or younger in your matric year
How to Apply:
Public TVET (Technical and Vocational Education and Training) College
- You must present your matric certificate and/or current college results.
- Your average mark (all subjects) must be 50% or above.
- You must be 25 years or younger when applying.
- You must not be in receipt of any other bursaries (including NSFAS).
- Closing dates are:
- 31 October for 1st trimester/semester
- 31 March for 2nd trimester
- 31 May for 2nd semester
- 31 July for 3rd trimester.
African Scholar's Fund SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION WEBSITE
Bursaries will not be granted to students who have other bursaries, including NSFAS.
This will be checked with all bursary organisations and colleges. ASF Students who receive other bursaries will have to pay back funds received from ASF.
Bursaries only cover course fees and registration.
Bursaries do not cover accommodation – if you live far from college explain where you would stay and how you would pay for it.