Field of Study:
In celebration of a number of Agbiz members who celebrated their 100 years existence, an annual Agribusiness Centenary Bursary Fund was established.
As the primary objective of the bursary is to promote Masters, or PhD level research in agribusiness related fields.
Agbiz certainly is proud to be associated with and supporting the set research of Agribusiness Centenary Bursary holders.
The annual bursary of R35 000.00 is available to a South African student registered for a master’s or PhD degree in either agricultural economics or agribusiness management related fields, at any recognised South African university. Terms and conditions apply.
- Applicants must be citizens of the Republic of South Africa.
- Applicants should have registered or qualified for admission to a master’s or PhD degree in agricultural economics or agribusiness management related fields at a recognised South African university.
- Applicants should have successfully completed a relevant undergraduate programme, or degree.
- The applicant needs to submit a letter of recommendation from his/her academic supervisor, or the head of the department (strictly no longer than one page).
- The applicant should submit a personal motivation stating why he/she needs the bursary and what it will be used for (strictly no longer than one page).
- The academic supervisor, or head of the department, should provide biannual progress reports to Agbiz to enable Agbiz to evaluate the student’s progress. If Agbiz receives no progress reports and has no means of establishing progress, unsatisfactory progress will be assumed.
- The student will be required to sign a formal agreement after the awarding of the bursary.
- The bursary may be awarded to a student who is already benefiting from another bursary, scholarship or sponsoring programme. Applicants benefiting from other programmes HAVE TO DECLARE it to Agbiz and confirm that the requirements and conditions to this bursary programme are prioritised. In the event of not declaring it, the student will immediately be disqualified.
How to Apply:
Bursary applications for 2019 are now open. Closing date is 7 December 2018.