Field of Study:
Air Traffic and Navigation Services (ATNS) offers bursaries for students to train towards a career in air traffic management with the goal of becoming an Air Traffic Control Officer, an Air Traffic Services Officer or an Aeronautical Information Management Officer.
ATNS offers the following bursaries
- Aeronautical Information Management Officer (AIMO)
- Air Traffic Services Officer (ATSO)
- Air Traffic Control Office (ATCO)
- Be a minimum of 18-years-old for commencement of the Bursary
- Have Grade 12 with Maths and English (HG D or SG C or level 4 upwards)
- Be a South African citizen
- Be medically fit
The process of being recruited as a bursar student will include the following:
- You will write ability assessments
- Medical Examination (conducted by an Aviation Medical Specialist)
Only if you have been successful in all these steps may you be offered a bursary contract.
You may apply for our Bursary programs at these times:
- 1 - 31 January - April intake
- 1 - 30 April - July intake
- 1 - 31 August - September intake
The training bursary provides each bursar with an opportunity to conduct their studies at the ATNS Aviation Training Academy (ATA) in Bonaero Park.
The following is offered as part of the bursary:
- Cost of tuition for the ATS Core Content Course
- Accommodation, on a sharing basis, at a guest lodge arranged by the ATNS ATA
- Transport to and from the ATNS ATA, as per study and practical requirements
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- A monthly allowance
- 10 days of non-academic activities as determined by the study programme co-ordinators
How to Apply:
To apply for the bursary CLICK HERE
ATNS will communicate the dates of the various intakes for candidates to apply on the website and also our social media pages.
Please note: If you apply for a bursary and do not hear from ATNS 60 days after application, please consider your application unsuccessful.