Field of Study:
WHAT IT COVERS
The Fellowship provides access to quality tertiary education opportunities as part of our belief, which has been supported by research, that there is an increased possibility of success when entrepreneurs have a concrete foundation in their education.
The Fellowship covers the following:
Full cost of university tuition
Full cost of university accommodation plus meals, books and tutor allowances
A monthly living stipend
Academic support and access to an entrepreneurial and personal development programme
Mentorship, both from individually assigned Foundation-employed staff, as well as business mentors
Access to potential postgraduate funding for graduated Candidate Fellows
No postgraduate contractual obligation
How to Apply:
Do you want to see big changes in the world? Are you a natural-born leader – one who sees problems as opportunities and opportunities as challenges to solve?
If you want to make a difference and think you have what it takes, apply to join our Fellowship programme and become part of the Allan Gray Orbis Foundation’s growing community of current and future entrepreneurs.
Applicants from South Africa, Namibia, Botswana and Swaziland can apply during their Grade 12 school year or during their first and second year of university. We’re looking for candidates that have a track record of leadership or being entrepreneurially-minded and reflect the values core to our Foundation:
- Achievement Excellence: The ongoing pursuit of excellence with a tangible and specific focus on setting goals. A motivation to make a difference and leave a mark
- Intellectual Imagination: An enquiring an active mind demonstrated by an established record of intellectual achievement; an ability to see the unseen, challenge the status quo and suggest that things could be done differently
- Courageous Commitment: The courage and dedication to continue, realising that applying consistent commitment has a way of overcoming challenges
- Spirit of Significance: A weight of personality that comes from living a life personified by passion and integrity
- Personal Initiative: A person who makes things happen and celebrates the satisfaction of bringing new things into being. Independent, proactive and self-starting