Field of Study:
The Atlas Corps Fellowship is a 12-18 month Fellowship that takes place in the United States and online. The fellowship aims to discover and support the world’s top social change leaders.
Closing date: 1 June 2020
In order to be eligible for this fellowship, applicants must:
- Have two or more years of relevant experience
- Have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Be proficient in English (oral, writing, reading)
- Be 35 years of age or younger
- Apply to serve in a country other than where you are from (U.S. citizens are not eligible for the U.S. Fellowship)
- Be committed to return to your home country after the 12-18 month Fellowship
- Be commitment to living on a basic stipend that only covers food, shared housing, and local transportation
The fellowship provides:
- Program-related international travel
- Funds for program-related domestic travel
- Basic health insurance that covers new injuries and illnesses (or funds to purchase basic health insurance)
- Monthly stipend - The amount is determined by the cost of basic living expenses in the city where the Fellow is placed (shared housing, food, local transportation, and a phone plan)
- Documentation (DS-2019) that enables the Fellow to obtain a J-1 visa
- Placement with a Host Organization
- Participation in the Atlas Corps Global Leadership Lab (leadership development training series)
- If you are a fellow in the blended/online fellowship, Atlas Corps will provide financial support for the technology necessary to complete Host Organization requirements remotely from your home country.
How to Apply:
Register for an account and save your login information through the online application system.
Complete the brief eligibility test (passport, travel/visa history, language skills, employment history, professional skills, and social issue areas)
Complete 3 short essay questions
Submit your official transcript
Submit your application as soon as possible in order to make time for the review process.