Field of Study:
This bursary fund offers financial support of R35 000 towards the tuition fees of the current year of study at any SACA-approved culinary institution.
The Bryan Montgomery Bursary Fund does not award cash directly to the student; this money goes directly to the Training Provider to contribute towards the tuition fees.
Please note that funds are allocated to worthy candidates according to a formal application approval system.
Candidates applying for assistance from the Bryan Montgomery Bursary Fund must comply with the following criteria:
- Certified copy of your SA ID Document
- Curriculum Vitae
- Acceptance letter from the Culinary Institution
- Motivation letter from Principal/Lecturer
- SA Chefs Membership Number
How to Apply:
Supporting documents required:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 25
- Be in possession of a Grade 12 pass or recognised equivalent
- Be enrolled in an existing, recognised culinary training programme to pursue a career in professional cookery
- Be or become a SA Chefs Member once enrolled at culinary school
- The course of study must be undertaken at a SA Chefs Training Member institution.
- The course of study should be a minimum duration of 12 months
- Be a South African citizen residing permanently in South Africa or a permanent resident of the country
- Submit a motivation letter to substantiate the application
- Successful candidates must be prepared to make themselves available to SA Chefs and sponsors for PR purposes