Field of Study:
- Economic & Business Sciences
- Conservation and Preservation
- Engineering & the Built Environment
- Architecture & Planning
- Chemical and Metallurgical Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Electrical & Information Engineering
- Mechanical, Industrial & Aeronautical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Earth Sciences
- Geography, Archaeology & Environmental Studies
Bursary Scheme : 2020 Academic Year
The Limpopo Department of Economic Development, Environment and Tourism is committed to supporting education and addressing the skills gaps by offering bursaries in the field of studies relevant to the core function of the department.
The bursary scheme is for students who wish to study on a full time basis and priority is given to the following fields of studies:
- ND: Nature Conservation, BSc in Environmental Sciences / Environmental Management, BSc Hons/Masters in Botany, BSc Hons/Masters in Aquatic/Terrestrial Ecology, LLB with Environmental Law as major course, BCom/ND: Tourism Management, ND: Eco Tourism, ND: Food operations Management, BTech Tourism Management, Bachelor/ND: Industrial Engineering, ND/BEng Chemical/ Physical/Process Metallurgy, Bachelor/ND Chemical/ Mechanical Engineering, Bachelor Local Economic Development & BCom/ND in Business Management/ Entrepreneurship
To be considered for bursary, a student must obtain the minimum requirements of admission to Bachelor’s degree.
The application forms should be accompanied by certified copies of the following:
- South African ID
- Grade 12 certificate or Grade 12 mid-year results (if currently in Grade 12)
- Academic Record
- Acceptance letter from reputable tertiary institution in South Africa
- Proof of income of parents/guardian
Conditions of Bursary:
The bursary covers Registration & Tuition fees, Accommodation and Meals.
Application forms are obtainable from Head Office, 19 Biccard Street, Evridiki Towers (Polokwane) and all departmental district offices i.e. Capricorn, Sekhukhune, Mopani, Vhembe, Waterberg and Multi- purpose center at the Municipalities and also on departmental website: www.ledet.gov.za.
How to Apply:
Duly completed application forms should be forwarded to:
The Director, Human Resource Development, Private Bag
X9484, Polokwane, 0700 or
Hand Delivered to the Registry offices at the following addresses:
19 Biccard Street, Office No. B1 – 73, Evridiki Towers Building, Polokwane
Mopani Government Building, P/Bag X 9681, Giyani, 0826
90 Bok Street, Gani House P/Bag X 9555, Polokwane, 0700
015 -297 3839
84 River Street, NTK Building, P/Bag X 1041, Modimolle, 0510
Parliamentary Building, Lebowakgomo
082 373 9848
Old Parliamentary Building, Block E & F, P/Bag X 5088,
NB: This opportunity is meant for students from Limpopo Province only, especially those who are from previously disadvantaged rural areas.
Closing date for applications is: 20th December 2019
If you have not received a response from us within eight weeks after the closing date, please accept that your application has not been successful.