Field of Study:
The Municipality is offering fi nancial assistance to students, in the form of study bursaries for the 2021 academic year.
- Quantity Surveyors
- Town and Regional Planning
- Facilities Management
- Land Surveyin
- Analytical Chemistry
- Be South African citizens, permanently residing in Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality.
- Have a proof of residence when applying for the bursary.
- Provide proof of income of their family household.
- Be willing to work within Buffalo City after completing their studies.
The Bursary Fund is intended to assist current or prospective students and shall be used towards covering tuition and registration fees, prescribed books, study material and accommodation.
How to Apply:
The student must have a matric with at least a D (50-59%) in English, C (60-69%) in Maths, Accounting and Physical Science OR NCV Level 4 Certifi cate with Mathematics.
Selection criteria is based strictly on academic merit and successful applicants are able to renew their bursaries annually based on their academic performance in the previous year.
The bursary fund has a clear bias towards underprivileged individuals and is targeting young people from 14 – 35 years of age.
The Municipality is committed to advancing Employment Equity including persons with disabilities and encourages students with disabilities to apply to the Bursary Fund.
Certified copies of the following documents must accompany applications:
- Most recent academic record
- South African Identity Document and proof of residency in Buffalo City Municipality or a letter confirming residency from the ward councillor.
- Application forms are available at any Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality Youth Advisory Centers within the Community Support Centers in Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality
Completed applications can be hand delivered to the Human Resources Department, Buxton House, Buxton Street or posted to the Human Resources Department P.O. Box 134 East London, 5200.
Please note that no late applications will be considered and if you have not been contacted regarding your bursary application before 29 January 2021, your application has been unsuccessful.
Preference will be given to students who have been admitted to a TVET College. The closing date for applications is 30 October 2020. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 29 January 2021 for a personal interview.