Field of Study:
BURSARY & INTERNSHIP APPLICATION
- The bursary application forms and bursary policy document are accessible to all offices and all staff of Canyon Coal.
- The bursary committee advertises annually all critical fields.
Selection of Candidates
- A candidate should submit his/her application to the Human Resources Manager who will present the application to the Bursary Committee.
- The selection of candidates will be conducted by the Human Resources Manager and forwarded to the Bursary Committee for approval.
- Successful candidates will be informed directly and copies of approval will be sent to them.
- Candidates will be selected on an annual basis subject to verification of academic performance.
- Application forms for bursaries should be distributed during September each year and the process of approval be completed by December of each year.
In order to qualify for a bursary, candidates should:
- Submit a fully completed application form in the prescribed format
- Submit proof of admission and fees required from an Institution of Higher Education
- Pursue a field of study that has been identified as critical and a priority need within the Mining sector
- Submit evidence and proof of financial difficulty accompanied by an academic performance for the category stated in 5.2. In particular, proof of income of parents must be submitted with application form.
- Candidate should reside within the mining area, i.e. Middelburg/Delmas
How to Apply:
To be completed by the parent / guardian/s or persons/s on whom the applicant is dependent for financial support or assistance by clearly stating the relationship to the applicant.
NOTE: That this application will not be considered unless this declaration has been fully completed, sworn to and signed in the presence of a Commissioner of Oaths (e.g. minister of religion, postmaster, senior police officer, etc).
Documents to be submitted with the application form are as follows:
- Certified copy of the most recent pay-slip of the breadwinners.
- Certified copy of the balance sheet of the breadwinners if self-employed.
- An unemployed parent/guardian/husband/wife should indicate unemployed on the declaration and submit a sworn affidavit to that effect.
- If there is no one in the family who is formally employed, state where the family income is derived from e.g. hawking, seasonal employment, etc.
APPLICATION FORM ATTACHED