Field of Study:
The Canon Collins Scholarship aims to support exceptional individuals who are committed to social justice in Southern Africa. This scholarship is for those who will be pursuing a postgraduate qualification in the year 2022.
The scholarship is open to students studying in the following areas:
- Justice - Law, Economics, Politics and the Environment
- Education - policy and practice
- Humanities - Literature, History, Anthropology and the Arts
The scholarship is open to full-time and part-time students.
- Be a national of, or have refugee status in, one of the following countries: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Be normally resident in one of the above countries
- Be in possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application
- Be studying or applying to study at a South African university
Conditions of Bursary:
Scholarship recipients will be expected to attend an annual conference for scholars and several smaller events throughout the year.
How to Apply:
Applications will be made available online when the applications are open