Field of Study:
- Social Sciences
- Engineering & the Built Environment
- Chemical and Metallurgical Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Construction Economics & Management
- Electrical & Information Engineering
- Mechanical, Industrial & Aeronautical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Health Science Education
- Anatomical Science
- Mathematical Sciences
- Biological and Life Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Geography, Archaeology & Environmental Studies
- Physical Sciences
The Chilean Agency for International Cooperation and Development (AGCID) is offering grants to pursue Master's studies at Chilean higher education institutions in 2020.
The purpose of the AGCID Grant Programme is to contribute to the advanced formation of human capital.
The grants are offered to professionals who are citizens of South Africa, Mozambique and Angola. The call for the Nelson Mandela 2020 Scholarships is in Annex 1.
Grants may be awarded only to pursue long-term master's degree programme as indicated in Annex 2 "List of Master's Degree", with starting dates between March 1rst of the year 2020, and September 30th of the same year, inclusive.
The deadline for applications to the Embassy of Chile in Pretoria is 15 October 2019.
Fields of study
- Public Policy Management,
and many others.
The scholarship program is offered to professionals who are citizens of South Africa, Mozambique and Angola. Preference is given to those who work in the public or academic sector in their home country.
Applicants must have:
- Unconditional letter of acceptance from the chosen academic institution in Chile. Getting the acceptance in the master's course is a direct responsibility of the applicant with the university.
- Either a Spanish language certificate (because the courses are taught in Spanish language) or the AGCID will provide training in Spanish course prior to or parallel to the Master's degree programmes, for grant holders who do not have a certificate in Spanish language.
What the scholarship offers
• Spanish language course
• Return airfare
• Tuition fees
• Textbooks and study material as well as support for thesis expenses
• Medical insurance
• Monthly allowance
Questions and queries must be directed to [email protected]
How to Apply:
Applicants must submit electronically the AGCID Grant application and related documents as indicated in the Call to the e-mail [email protected]. More information on the application process can be accessed through the link: Nelson Mandela 2020 AGCID Scholarships
Documents and links
• LINK : Chilean Agency for International Cooperation and Development Horizontal Cooperation
Scholarship Program Republic of Chile -Nelson Mandela Call for Applications 2020
• Annex 1: Call for Nelson Mandela 2020
• Annex 2: List of Master Programmes
• Annex 3: Preliminary form of the Granting Awarding and Acceptance Agreement that regulates
the relationship between AGCID and the grant holders
• Annex 4: Grant Application Form
• Annex 5: Affidavit to be submitted by the selected candidates
• Annex 6: Recommendation for the health and pre-existing diseases declaration