Field of Study:
CHINA: Youth of Excellence Scheme of China (YES CHINA)
The Chinese Government established the Scholarship for Youth of Excellence Scheme of China- Master Program (YES CHINA) in order to provide financial support to outstanding youth who wish to go to China to pursue a Master's degree. The International Master of Public Health (IMPH) Program is aimed at building a new generation of global public health leaders in the developing world through the participation of recognized faculties and expertise from Tsinghua University and partners around the world.
According to the QS World University Rankings 2020, Tsinghua University in China is ranked 16th among the world's top universities.
Degree level: Master's
Fields of Study: Public Health
The application process will close at the end on 12 February 2021.
Students who are currently studying in China or already hold the Chinese Government Scholarship are
not eligible to apply.
What the Scholarship offers
- Exempted fees: tuition and internship fees
- On-campus accommodation
- Living allowance
- Once-off settlement subsidy after registration
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- One-way air ticket to China upon registration and a one-way air ticket back from China to the student's home country after completion of studies
Scholarship recipients will have to cover costs related to a medical test and visa costs. They may also be required to supplement day-to-day expenses should the allowance provided not be fully
Who can apply?
- South African citizens in good health - both physically and mentally
- Not older than 45 years of age (must be born after September 1, 1974)
- Must be in a possession of a Bachelor's or higher degree
- Must have at least 3 years' work experience, some educational or professional experience in a field related to the Master's program applied for
- Must be working in a government agency, company or research institute, and be a Section Director or Chief of Office, or Senior Manager, Lecturer or assistant researcher or excellent in scientific research
- Must have good English proficiency and be able to follow English-taught courses well.
Minimum requirements for reference: IELTS (Academic) total score 6.0, or TOEFL Internet score of 80.
- Must have a strong development potential in your career and be willing to promote the mutual cooperation and exchanges between China and your home country
How to Apply:
Please note that it is required that applicants must register on the Chinese Government Scholarship
Information System at http://gradadmission.tsinghua.edu.cn to submit online application and
Downloads and Links