Field of Study:
Every year, the City offers financial support to help students cover the costs for registration, examinations and class fees.
Applications for the 2020 bursaries are now open! Download an application form here:
When applying for a bursary, please note the following important considerations:
- External financial bursaries are only open to residents of South Africa, who live within the Cape Metropolitan Area.
- Prospective applicants must not be in possession of any other form of financial assistance (e.g. National Student Financial Aid Scheme).
- You must be completing Grade 12 and be registered to study an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at either Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT), the University of Cape Town (UCT), the University of the Western Cape (UWC) or Stellenbosch University.
- Your degree must be in the field predetermined and advertised by the City as being a scarce skill.
- Submitted applications will not be acknowledged in writing and copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
Please use the following guide when applying.
Step 2: Once you have completed the form, you can submit it along with all the supporting documentation to any of the Walk-in Centres listed above.
Enquiries: City of Cape Town: Employment Service Desk: 0860 103 089 (Option 6), 021 400 3619/3601/2044/3899 http://cityweb.capetown.gov.za/en/Lists/enform/Attachments/8300/02_Grad.jpg
Conditions of Bursary:
The closing date for applications is Thursday, 19 September 2019. Incomplete submissions, those with no supporting documents and those received after the closing date, will not be considered.
How to Apply:
Supporting documentation to include:
- a registration letter or provisional acceptance letter from your approved tertiary institution
- if you have matriculated, include a copy of your matric certificate
- a certified copy of your June 2019, Grade 12 results
- any recommendations from teachers, mentors and peers
- awards and certificates you have won
- the contact details of two people who can be called on as references
- a certified copy of your ID and that of your parent / guardian
- proof of residence
- payslip / certified proof of Government grant (if applicable)
- any work you have already done in the field in which you are planning to study