Field of Study:
David Reunert Bursary (R1500)
- Applications are invited from music students intending to take up music professionally, either as teacher or performer.
- Candidates must be between 18 and 25 years of age.
- A candidate for the bursary may offer as principal subject singing or any performing or teaching or theoretical branch of music.
- The candidate must be in posession of a National Senior Certificate or its equivalent, a copy of which must be submitted with this application.
- Only students of current and paid-up members of the SASMT are allowed to enter.
- The candidate must be domiciled in the Republic of South Africa.
- Each entry must include:
(i) the completed entry form,
(ii) a certified copy of the candidate’s identity document,
(iii) a full academic record,
(iv) recommendations by two referees, one of which must be the head of the department/institution where the applicant is or has been studying,
(v) a short curriculum vitae,
(vi) a recent unedited DVD recording as specified below,
(vii) a declaration by the teacher that the DVD is of the candidate’s own performance,
(viii) a photo in electronic format about 500 px in height.
- The DVD recording must consist of the unedited performance of a minimum of 3 contrasting works from at least 2 style periods with a total duration of 15–20 minutes. Please put the different pieces on separate tracks. The name and instrument of the candidate must be indicated on the DVD but not recorded. The quality of the recording could influence the result. Recordings will not be returned after adjudication but may be collected.
How to Apply:
- Applications must reach the Executive Officer at the following address on or before the closing date as indicated on the Scholarship page of this website.
The South African Society of Music Teachers
P O Box 452
For further enquiries contact Elma Britz
Cell 082 673 0532 or [email protected]
- The winner must be prepared to give a performance at the next SASMT Annual General Meeting.