Field of Study:
Students applying for the bursary must have intentions to study a mining related, as follows:
- Mining Engineering
- Mine Survey;
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Engineering Geology to specialise in Rock Engineering/Geotechnical Engineering.
- Metallurgical Engineering.
Applicants need to meet the following requirements:
- must be a South African citizen
- must undertake full-time undergraduate studies in a South African tertiary institution
- must pass Grade 12 with exemption
- must obtain a minimum of 70% in both Mathematics and Science Higher Grade and a minimum of 60% for English
- written proof of acceptance to an accredited South African mainstream university or university of technology.
- Student must be from the surrounding areas where the mine operates.
- certified copies of SA ID and their full academic record.
Conditions of Bursary:
Service binding contract after graduation for a period equal to the tenure of the bursary
It is a full bursary which means the following will be covered:
- Full Tuition
- Accommodation and meals
- Laptop allowance
- Student allowance
How to Apply:
Applications available at CLICK HERE
Applications for bursaries open yearly in June, and must be submitted by 31 October.
If you do not hear from us by 30 November 2018, your application has not been successful