Field of Study:
The bursary programme is intending for those who wish to pursue a career in Social Work, a scarce skill in the country.
The following expenses will be covered by the bursary: tuition, registration, prescribed textbooks, accommodation at the university.
Once students have completed their studies, they will be required to undertake the contractual obligation of the bursary.
- Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen,
- Satisfy the University minimum entry requirements,
- Studying or intend on studying within the field of social work.
Application forms can be collected from the Provincial Departments of Social Development or from the Social Work faculty of your University.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy),
- Matric final results (certified copy),
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies),
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (payslips/ affidavit if unemployed),
- Proof of admission into University/ proof of admission payment for,
- Current University students must also include: academic record on official University letterhead.
How to Apply:
Applications must be submitted to Departments of Social Development office within your province:
Physical Address: The Department of Social Development, Beacon Hill Office Park, Corner of Hargreaves Road and Hockley Close, Ground Floor, Room 50, King William’s Town, 5606
Postal Address: Private Bag X0039, BHISHO, 5606
Physical Address: The Department of Social Development, Old Mutual Building, Charlotte Maxeke Street, Fourth Floor (Room 408), Bloemfontein, 9300
Postal Address: Private Bag X20616, Bloemfontein, 9300
Physical Address: Gauteng Social Development, 75 Commissioner Street, Johannesburg, 2000
Postal Address: Private Bag X35, Johannesburg, 2000
Physical Address: Mayors Walk Office Park, 174 Mayors Walk Road, Pietermaritzburg, 3200
Physical Address: The Head, Bursary Section, Social Development, 18 College Street, Polokwane, 0700
Postal Address: Private Bag X9710, Polokwane, 0700
Physical Address: The Head, Bursary Section, The Department of Social Development, No 7 Government Boulevard, Riverside Complex, Building No.3 2nd Floor, Nelspruit, 1200
Postal Address: Private Bag X11213, Nelspruit, 1200
Physical Address: Department of Social Development, Du Toit Span Building (15th Floor), Du Toit Span Street, Kimberley, 8300
Postal Address: Private Bag X5042, Kimberley, 8300
Physical Address: Department Of Social Development, Provident House Building, University Drive, Mmabatho, 2735
Postal Address: Private Bag x 6, Mmabatho, 2735
Physical Address: 14 Queen Victoria Street, Union Building, Cape Town, 8000
Postal Address: P.O Box 659, Cape Town, 8000