Amazon Web Services Bursary 2023
Amazon Web Services Bursary 2023
The purpose of the Amazon bursary aims to develop a talent pipeline for Amazon (AWS) in South Africa. Bursaries are awarded to students in fields relevant to the technology sector.
Only the following programmes will be funded:
- Computer Science,
- Computer Engineering,
- Software Engineering,
- Information Technology.
- Year level: Third year, fourth year and Honours in 2023.
- South African universities only.
StudyTrust, on behalf of Amazon, invites current students (third year, fourth year and Honours in 2023) with a keen interest in Amazon and software development engineering, to apply for this Amazon Bursary Programme.
Important: please ensure you meet the following eligibility criteria before submitting your application:
- Current students who are consistently obtaining an average of 65% and above.
Career Plans & Motivations:
- Applicants must display a clear motivation for Amazon and the field of software development engineering, and are seeking an opportunity to be assessed for a full-time permanent role to start upon completion of their studies.
- Successful applicants must complete an internship (during summer vacation), and participate in training opportunities at Amazon.
- Successful applicants must commit to accepting a full-time permanent role if an offer is extended following internship assessment. Full-time roles start after completion of studies and applicants must commit to working in their full-time role for the equivalent number of years funded.
- Only applications from South African citizens will be considered.
- Residence/private accommodation
- Stationery and books
- A personal computer
- ID copy / Refugee permit
- Consent form signed - Download it here
- Mother proof of income / death certificate
- Father proof of income / death certificate
- Guardian proof of income (if applicable)
- Profile picture
- Proof of acceptance / registration
- Proof of address
- National Senior certificate
- Full accademic record (if applicable)
- Applications open 1 May and close 15 September. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, throughout the application timeline above.
- Complete your application on StudyTrust’s online platform before the closing date of 15 September to be considered for a bursary to begin 2023.
- After submitting an application via StudyTrust, shortlisted candidates will undergo an additional assessment with Amazon.
- Carefully read the instructions on the Bursary Applications page before beginning your application.
Most popular articles today
When you have been successful with your NSFAS bursary, you will receive an email with a link to sign your NSFAS Bursary Agreement form (NBA) online.
In order to sign the NBA you will need to follow these steps:
Many students do not realise how much university actually costs aside from the learning material, transport costs, accommodation and living expenses. A bursary is a monetary reward from an institution to a student based on their academic performances and personal circumstances.
If you’re not sure what your NSFAS application status means and need more information, we can help you.
Understanding what you’re reading when you’re checking your NSFAS application status is of utmost importance. Here’s what your NSFAS application status means.
Other people were also interested in:
Even though another youth month has come and gone, it is imperative that the spotlight on youth unemployment is not dimmed for a second longer. With the business and IT world crying out for affordable, available, well-skilled, reliable and workplace ready employees, the answer seems to lie in corporate-funded learnerships.
Humanities is an academic discipline that studies aspects of human society and culture. It encompass the full range of human thought and creativity, including languages, religion, philosophy, and the broad spectrum of the arts (including the performing arts and visual arts). If this is what you're planning on studying, there are a number of institutions, companies and foundations offering bursaries for Humanities.
Studying medicine can become quite expensive considering the duration it would take to complete your studies. Medicine bursaries are the perfect way to fund your studies. If you are interested in enrolling in a programme in the field of medicine below is a list of bursaries you can apply for.
If you are considering a career in engineering, there are numerous fields you can specialize in. To fund a study programme in engineering can become expensive, but there are bursaries to ease the financial strain that can come with funding your own studies.
If you are passionate about computer hardware and software, then you might want to consider a career in the Computer Science industry. Studying towards any qualification can be a huge expense and often students do not have access to funds to pay for their studies. Below is a list of organisations that offer bursaries for computer science.