Chevening Awards Scholarship 2022/2023
Chevening is the UK Government’s global scholarship programme that offers future leaders the unique opportunity to study in the UK.
These scholarships are awarded to outstanding professionals from all over the world to pursue a one-year master’s degree in any subject at any UK university.
Chevening provides fully-funded scholarships, leaving you free to focus on achieving your academic goals and enjoying the experience of a lifetime.
You will live and study in the UK for a year, during which time you will develop professionally and academically, grow your network, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
If you have ambition, leadership potential, and a strong academic background, you are encouraged to apply when applications open.
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years of work experience.
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices
We recommend that you review the following pages to help you prepare your application:
Conditions of Bursary
As Chevening Scholarships are fully-funded, your award includes the following:
- university tuition fees
- a monthly stipend
- travel costs to and from the UK
- an arrival allowance
- a homeward departure allowance
- the cost of one visa application
- a travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK
How to Apply
If you have ambition, leadership potential, a strong academic background, and are looking to bring your ideas to life, we encourage you to apply for a Chevening Scholarship.
If you are currently receiving funding from the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS), you might be wondering if you can apply for the R350 grant.