DALRRD Bursary Call For 2023
DALRRD Bursary Call For 2023
The Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development (DALRRD) intends to award comprehensive bursaries to qualifying applicants pursuing and/or intending to further their studies in identified careers in the agriculture, land reform and rural development sector for the 2023 academic year.
The bursary awards target the previously disadvantaged and impoverished persons from poverty-stricken and rural communities.
Fields of Study
- B.Sc. Bioresource Engineering (Agricultural Engineering)
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science (B.V.Sc)
- B.Sc. Animal Science
- B.Sc. Entomology
- B.Sc. Food Science
- B.Sc. Pasture Science
- B.Sc. Plant Pathology
- B.Sc. Viticulture and Oenology
- National Diploma: Food Technology
- B.Sc. Land Surveying/Geomatics
- B.Sc. Town/Urban and Regional Planning
- B.Sc./BA Geo-Informatics/Geographic Information Science
- National Diploma/B Degree in Geomatics/Land Surveying/GIS
- National Diploma/B Degree in Town/Urban and Regional Planning
- Postgraduate studies (Adv Dip/B.Tech, B.Sc. Hons, M.Sc., D.Tech. and Ph.D.) in Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development priority research projects.
Applicants must be South African citizens.
• Applicants must complete the relevant bursary application forms available from the website address: www.dalrrd.gov.za (Click on vacancies).
• Applicants who apply for fields of study that are not listed above will not be considered.
• Please note that communication will be limited to successful applicants only. If you have not received any communication from the department within 14 days after the release of Grade 12 results and after the National Bursary Committee has finalised the selection process, consider your application unsuccessful.
• The Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development reserves the right to determine the total number of bursary allocations for the academic year based on the total budget available.
• No late application forms will be considered.
• Applicants who are not in possession of their University acceptance letter or Final results can submit their application while waiting for the said documents.
• All completed bursary application forms together with certified copies of ID and certificates/performance results should be sent to ONLY ONE of the following addresses:
The bursary will cover tuition, accommodation, books, meals and monthly allowance.
Most popular articles today
When you have been successful with your NSFAS bursary, you will receive an email with a link to sign your NSFAS Bursary Agreement form (NBA) online.
In order to sign the NBA you will need to follow these steps:
Many students do not realise how much university actually costs aside from the learning material, transport costs, accommodation and living expenses. A bursary is a monetary reward from an institution to a student based on their academic performances and personal circumstances.
If you’re not sure what your NSFAS application status means and need more information, we can help you.
Understanding what you’re reading when you’re checking your NSFAS application status is of utmost importance. Here’s what your NSFAS application status means.
Other people were also interested in:
Even though another youth month has come and gone, it is imperative that the spotlight on youth unemployment is not dimmed for a second longer. With the business and IT world crying out for affordable, available, well-skilled, reliable and workplace ready employees, the answer seems to lie in corporate-funded learnerships.
Humanities is an academic discipline that studies aspects of human society and culture. It encompass the full range of human thought and creativity, including languages, religion, philosophy, and the broad spectrum of the arts (including the performing arts and visual arts). If this is what you're planning on studying, there are a number of institutions, companies and foundations offering bursaries for Humanities.
Studying medicine can become quite expensive considering the duration it would take to complete your studies. Medicine bursaries are the perfect way to fund your studies. If you are interested in enrolling in a programme in the field of medicine below is a list of bursaries you can apply for.
If you are considering a career in engineering, there are numerous fields you can specialize in. To fund a study programme in engineering can become expensive, but there are bursaries to ease the financial strain that can come with funding your own studies.
If you are passionate about computer hardware and software, then you might want to consider a career in the Computer Science industry. Studying towards any qualification can be a huge expense and often students do not have access to funds to pay for their studies. Below is a list of organisations that offer bursaries for computer science.