Gast Bursary 2021
GAST provides bursaries to students who strive to be top achievers. Applicants must be studying towards either one of the following qualifications:
- BSc, B Eng or B Tech qualification in the fields of Engineering (civil; mechanical; industrial and mining)
- Quantity Surveying and Building/Construction Management.
Applications open in July 2021
- South African citizen or permanent resident
- Studying full-time towards a relevant degree and at a recognized South African university that is acceptable to GAST.
- Proof of current academic results and
- Be in possession of a grade 12 exemption certificate with Maths and Science
- Accepted by the chosen university or university of technology for the specific course
- Maintain a minimum of 70% aggregate to be considered.
Conditions of Bursary
Once you have completed your qualification, you will be required to work one year for every year of studies paid for by the company. In-Service training periods are excluded from this period.
How to ApplyField of Study: Construction Education and Training Authority(CETA)
If you are currently receiving funding from the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS), you might be wondering if you can apply for the R350 grant.