Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) Bursary
Applications for the Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) Bursary are NOW OPEN. Eligible youth in Gauteng are encouraged to apply from today, 01 November 2021 - 22 February 2022.
The Gauteng Department of Education through its Branch, the Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) is
responsible for facilitation of skills development initiatives to young people in the province.
The following students automatically qualify, but must also complete the appliction form online:
- Top Achievers from Gauteng Schools
- Top learner from no-fee paying schools in Gauteng
- Top 3 learner from LSEN schools in Gauteng
Applications Are Open For Following:
- Students who completed matric and reside in Gauteng - Proof of residence required
- Students intending to study an undergraduate programme and have been accepted at an accredited PSET institution of learning and/or is currently registered for such.
- Students who want to pursue Post-Graduate studies and have been accepted at an accredited institution of higher learning
To Qualify for a GCRA bursary award you must be:
- A South African Citizen
- Youth residing in Gauteng between the age of 18 and 35
How to Apply
You will also need to submit the following:
- Certified copy of South African ID(by birth)
- Proof of Gauteng residence (utility bill or letter from ward councillor)
- Matric Certificate and or latest academic results(certified)
- Proof of income from parent(s) or guardian(s) or affidavit
- Letter of Motivation(not more than 2 pages)
- Proof of registration or acceptance letter from PSET institution
- Disability or medical report(where applicable)
If you've been struggling to complete your NSFAS application because your school isn't listed, NSFAS has clarified what you should do to move to the next step of your application process.
With the NSFAS applications currently open for 2022, the bursary scheme has encouraged qualifying students to submit their applications. If you have already applied and would like to reset your details, here is how you can do it.
Most popular articles today
The Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme aims to promote teaching through the funding of students who are studying to go into the teaching profession.