Takealot.com Bursary 2023
Takealot.com Bursary 2023
It is Takealot.com’s mission to be the most customer-centric online shopping destination in Africa.
The company is built around the simple concept that the customer comes first.
Takealot.com is a young, dynamic, hyper-growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people to join their great working environment and even cooler people.
Their promise is that you won’t be bored as long as you’re up for a challenge and want to build something great.
The Takealot Group contributes to skills development in the Information Technology, Computer Science and
Computer Engineering sector through funding bursaries for deserving candidates who are South African citizens studying at public South African institutions towards relevant degree programmes.
The company simultaneously wants to create a talent pipeline of developers to enter their graduate programme.
Their bursaries therefore come with a work back obligation and vacation work.
- The main criteria used in the selection of successful applicants are academic potential and motivation for a career with Takealot.com.
- Applicants must have achieved an average of 65% and above for their undergraduate degree and in the latest examinations (mid-year / June).
- Successful candidates will be entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of Takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- Successful candidates will have fun, work hard, take ownership, be able to work in teams to create solutions and be open to direct feedback and innovative ideas on where they can improve.
- Takealot is looking for people who are short on ego and high on output, who are doers and not only thinkers, and who love what they do and what they are creating.
- Only applications from South African citizens will be considered.
- Applicants must be in their final undergraduate or Hons or B Tech year next year specialising in Information Technology, Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Applicants must be available for consideration for a position in the Takealot graduate programme in the subsequent year.
- Applicants must be available to work for Takealot during vacation and upon graduation.
Applications must be completed on StudyTrust’s online application platform (hosted by DevMan) before 30 September to be considered for a bursary for next year.
Follow the “Apply Here” button at the bottom to provide the required information and upload supporting documents.
The following documents will have to be uploaded:
- Certified copy of ID
- Proof of all academic results to date (Gr 12 certificate and full tertiary academic record)
- Proof of combined household incomeYour application will be considered for all other StudyTrust-managed bursaries you qualify for.
- Application Season: 01 May to 30 September.
- Please carefully read the instructions on our Bursary Applications page before beginning your application.
Most popular articles today
When you have been successful with your NSFAS bursary, you will receive an email with a link to sign your NSFAS Bursary Agreement form (NBA) online.
In order to sign the NBA you will need to follow these steps:
Many students do not realise how much university actually costs aside from the learning material, transport costs, accommodation and living expenses. A bursary is a monetary reward from an institution to a student based on their academic performances and personal circumstances.
If you’re not sure what your NSFAS application status means and need more information, we can help you.
Understanding what you’re reading when you’re checking your NSFAS application status is of utmost importance. Here’s what your NSFAS application status means.
Other people were also interested in:
Even though another youth month has come and gone, it is imperative that the spotlight on youth unemployment is not dimmed for a second longer. With the business and IT world crying out for affordable, available, well-skilled, reliable and workplace ready employees, the answer seems to lie in corporate-funded learnerships.
Humanities is an academic discipline that studies aspects of human society and culture. It encompass the full range of human thought and creativity, including languages, religion, philosophy, and the broad spectrum of the arts (including the performing arts and visual arts). If this is what you're planning on studying, there are a number of institutions, companies and foundations offering bursaries for Humanities.
Studying medicine can become quite expensive considering the duration it would take to complete your studies. Medicine bursaries are the perfect way to fund your studies. If you are interested in enrolling in a programme in the field of medicine below is a list of bursaries you can apply for.
If you are considering a career in engineering, there are numerous fields you can specialize in. To fund a study programme in engineering can become expensive, but there are bursaries to ease the financial strain that can come with funding your own studies.
If you are passionate about computer hardware and software, then you might want to consider a career in the Computer Science industry. Studying towards any qualification can be a huge expense and often students do not have access to funds to pay for their studies. Below is a list of organisations that offer bursaries for computer science.