Field of Study:
- Commerce, Law & Management
- Economic & Business Sciences
- Conservation and Preservation
- School of Arts
- Literature, Language and Media
- Engineering & the Built Environment
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Oral Health Sciences
- Health Science Education
- Biological and Life Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Geography, Archaeology & Environmental Studies
The Mohamed Farid Khamis Foundation for the Development of the Society is offering one hundred fully funded scholarships to African students to study at the British University in Egypt.
What the scholarship offers
- Tuition fees
- Living stipend
- Travel tickets from and to the study destination
- Accommodation at university dormitory
- Book and academic tools
Any costs not covered by the scholarship must be covered by the scholarship recipient.
Fields of study
The scholarship provides support for a wide variety of fields of study. The fields of study and the required subjects are listed on the call for applications.
* Note: Check the requirements of the relevant professional body in South Africa before considering a degree in any field that requires professional registration.
The table below indicates the minimum score for acceptance.
|Dentistry and Pharmacy||75%|
|Engineering – energy and environmental||70%|
|Economics; Business studies; Political science; Communications and Mass media; Nursing; Arts and Humanities; and Law||60%|
These minimum entry grades are subject to change in the academic year 2019/2020.
- Be an African
- Must have obtained high school certificate in the same year of applying or two years before as a maximum period of validity
- High school certificate must be eligible for acceptance in the public university of your country
- Must have valid academic IELTS exam with a minimum score of 6.0, not taken before January 2018
- The relevant attaché must confirm that the applicant has fulfilled entry requirements of the faculty of interest and is eligible for acceptance into the same faculty in African public university
Conditions of Bursary:
Upon satisfactorily meeting scientific requirements for university admission, scholarship applications must be submitted as soon as possible. The deadline for submission of application documents is 30 July 2019. No applications after the deadline will be considered.
How to Apply:
1. University Entrance:
Application for admission must be completed online at: www.bue.edu.eg
Applications to the British University in Egypt and the Sherouk Academy must be submitted to
Mr Talaat Bondok, Head of Admission Office
ElSherouk City, Misr-Ismailia Road
Postal number 11837
P O Box 43
Email: [email protected]
And by copy to:
Mahmoud Rizk Street Building (1M)
Behind Hilton Heliopolis Hotel
Email: [email protected]
2. Scholarship Application
South African applicants must submit their applications to the Embassy of Arab Republic of Egypt in South Africa, Office of the Egyptian Cultural Affairs, as soon as possible, after satisfactorily meeting the scientific admission requirements.
Contact details: Email: [email protected] and by copy to [email protected]