The Embassy of France is currently inviting students who wish to continue their tertiary education at Master's level in France to apply for its scholarship programmes for the academic year 2019 -2020.
French Embassy Master and PhD Scholarship Program 2019/2020
The French Embassy scholarship programme offers grants to facilitate in the international academic and scientific mobility of South African and non-South African researchers to French Higher Education institutions.
South African graduates are invited by the Embassy of France to apply to their competitive Masters and Doctorate scholarship program.
Applications from all academic disciplines, especially science and technology, will be considered for the academic year starting in September 2019.
The French Embassy scholarships can completely or partially finance the annual tuition fees, health insurance and Schengen visa fees for selected applicants.
The round-trip airfare and monthly stipend towards living expenses can further be covered.
Co-funding opportunities are strongly encouraged to strengthen the collaboration between South African and French institutions and the public and private sector.
The French Embassy in South Africa has supported just over forty five students during the academic year 2017 /2018 with their Masters and Doctorate degrees.
Some of the scholarship holders will continue with their studies in 2019/2020 at the French Higher Education institutions while others will return as France Alumni ambassadors to invest their acquired skills in South Africa.
- Be a citizen and resident of South Africa
- Apply for university admission at three French universities concurrent to the scholarship application (admission letters or at least correspondence with the institutions will be required). Applications to French public universities are recommended since they have French government subsidised fees
- French proficiency is not required, provided they are pursuing a study course in English and have the ability to conduct research in English
How to Apply:
- Applicants must submit a fully completed application form via e-mail at: mailto:[email protected]
- For more detailed information please click here for Master's scholarship and click here for PhD scholarship.
- Incomplete applications, late applications and those submitted without all supporting documents will not be considered.
The application deadline is 15 March 2019 at 17h00. No applications after the deadline will be considered.
Documents and links
The French Embassy scholarships can cover annual tuition fees fully or partially, health insurance and Schengen visa fees for selected applicants. A round-trip airfare ticket and monthly stipend towards living expenses can also be covered. Co-funding opportunities are strongly encouraged to strengthen the collaboration between South African and French institutions and public and private sector.