Field of Study:
The Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) is a branch of the Gauteng Department of Education that aims to promote skills development in Gauteng.
GCRA is inviting all qualified applicants who are residents of Gauteng as well as unemployed students to apply for its bursary program.
GCRA bursary covers registration fees, tuition fees and academic books to any recognized Higher Education Institution (HEI) or a Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) College.
Should the academic expenses exceed the GCRA maximum bursary amount, bursary holders are encouraged to apply to other additional sponsorship.
GCRA bursaries holder will also be required to render 40 hours of community service from their 1st year of study until graduation.
Applications for the bursary programme can be done throughout the year.
GCRA Bursary Requirements:
- South African citizenship
- Top 3 Grade 12 learners from all government schools in Gauteng
- Have completed Grade 09 – 12 and students in technical schools who want to pursue vocational studies at a Gauteng TVET Public Colleges.
- Ages 16 – 35 years old
- Registered at an institution for postgraduate studies
For more information:
Address: 17 Diagonal Street, Old JSE Building 5th Floor, Marshalltown, Johannesburg, 2113
Tel: +27 11 556 9000
E-mail: [email protected]
How to Apply:
- GCRA bursary online application is available for all applicants. Register a profile on the GCRA website job center section.
- Prepare the following document to accompany your application:
- Certified copy of ID
- Certified copy of your Grade 12 / highest qualification results
- Proof of residence
- Acceptance letter from the Institution