Field of Study:
HCI Foundation bursaries are primarily for students who will be in their 1st year of study in 2021 and our current bursary recipients. Applications for other years of study will only be considered if we have spaces available.
The HCI Foundation Bursary Programme provides ﬁnancial assistance to academically deserving and ﬁnancially needy students, pursuing an undergraduate degree up to Honours level in any ﬁeld of study, at a public university or university of technology in South Africa.
Applications for other years of study will only be considered if we have spaces available.
- Current HCI Foundation bursary recipients who are still studying at their respective institutions throughout South Africa.
- New applicants at the level of Honours and Postgraduate Diploma who will be studying at the selected institutions.
- Studying at a public university.
- With a gross family income of less than R37 500 per month.
- Age 35 years or under on 30 November 2020.
How to Apply:
1. Login (or register)
If you have applied before, you must login with your existing username and password. Click on lost password if you have lost or forgotten it. If you are a new applicant you must register on the system.
2. Complete the application form
There are 4 sections that you will be required to complete on the application form:
Details of proposed study for the upcoming year
Parents' employment information
Write an original motivational essay of no more than 750 words
Now begin to send in your supporting documents: Copy of ID, proof of family income or affidavit of
unemployment and proof of grant. You will be able to submit supporting documents until 30 November 2020
You can save your application at any stage and return to complete it later.
30 November 2020 before Midnight
3. Submit your application and outstanding supporting documents
Applications and all outstanding supporting documents (Copy of ID, proof of family income or affidavit of
unemployment, and proof of grant) must be submitted before 30 November 2020
(The system will close for applications at midnight on 30 November 2020)
4. Finalise uploading of your scanned documents or send them via fax or post.
Submit your supporting documents before or on 30 November 2020 by uploading your scanned documents
to your application form or send your documents via post or fax. If sent by post, your supporting documents
should still reach us by 30 November 2020. After midnight, no supporting documents will be accepted. Late
supporting documents will not be processed and your application will then be incomplete and therefore rejected.
Now begin to send in your results.