Field of Study:
Scholarships awarded by the South African Association of Botanists for 2020
Each year the South African Association of Botanists awards “SAAB Scholarships”, to SADEC graduates with 70% or above grade average. In 2020, three awards of R10 000 for 1 year of tertiary study at Honours level (or 4th year level of study) in any botanically-related science will be granted to three registered students, on a competitive basis.
The successful applicants should study at a South African institution and should be (or apply to become) a member of SAAB.
The supervisor of the student must be a paid-up member of SAAB.
In addition, the SAAB Council also awards one MSc scholarship worth R40 000.
Successful applicants will receive R20 000 the first year and an additional R20 000 the following year if satisfactory progress is made the first year.
The same terms and conditions as for the Honours scholarship apply, except that the applicants must have graduated with a BSc Honours degree with a minimum grade average of 70%.
- Curriculum Vitae with names of two referees
- A letter of motivation from your honours/4th year project supervisor
- Certified academic transcript
- One page motivation, including a description of your honours/4th year research interests
- Name(s) of other bursaries/scholarships applied for and amount(s)
How to Apply:
please include with application:
- Submit a curriculum vitae with names of two referees.
- Provide a letter of motivation from your supervisor.
- Submit certified academic transcripts.
- Provide a one page motivation, including a description of your proposed research interests.
- Disclose name(s) of other bursaries/scholarships applied for and amount(s).
- Fill out the SAAB Bursary Cover Form attached to this document and send it with your application. Please take note that applications submitted without the SAAB Bursary Cover Form will not be accepted. (Please Click here for Bursary cover form)
- Post your application by the deadline: 27 February 2020.
No late applications will be considered.
The Council also reserves the rights not to make any awards should the candidates not fulfil all criteria.
Successful candidates will be notified mid-March of the year of the award.
The decision of the adjudicating committee is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
Please post applications electronically (in .pdf format) to the Secretary: [email protected]