Field of Study:
HOSPITALITY BURSARY APPLICATIONS CLOSE FRIDAY 10 MAY
DO YOU WANT A 1-YEAR BURSARY TO STUDY TOWARDS A HOSPITALITY OR CHEF QUALIFICATION?
- You need to be serious about a career in the hospitality industry or to become a professional chef.
- You need to have passed Grade 12 (National Senior Certificate).
- You need to be able to commence your studies in June 2019.
Hospitality Professional Qualification: National Certificate:
- N4 Hospitality and Catering Services (SAQA ID 66891)
- Duration: One year (6 months theory and 6 months Work-Integrated Learning) Funding: All tuition fees, textbooks, uniform, equipment and a monthly stipend.
- Excluded: Any costs of a personal nature, supplementary assessment fees, replacement of textbooks, uniform and equipment.
Chef Apprenticeship Qualification:
- Occupational Certificate: Chef (SAQA ID 101697, NQF Level 5)
- Duration: One year* (6 months theory and 6 months Work-Integrated Learning)
- Funding: All tuition fees, textbooks, uniform, equipment and a monthly stipend.
*This qualification is three years in duration.
The institution has only received funding for one year of study.
The institution will however reapply for funding for year 2 and year 3 of the programme.
The funding is not guaranteed and awarded at the discretion of CATHSSETA and based on student merit.
Any costs of a personal nature, supplementary assessment fees, replacement of textbooks, uniform and equipment.
As students will be completing work- integrated learning in hotels (shift work) students must have their own transport or other suitable method to travel to work and back.
Public transport is often not available during these times.
How to Apply:
- Complete the attached application in full. Incomplete applications will not be screened.
- Write a letter of motivation in which you explain why you require bursary assistance.
- Include two certified copies of your identity document (not older than three months).
- Include two certified copies of your National Senior Certificate (NSC)/ highest qualification or equivalent.
- Medical proof of disability, if applicable.
- All original documentation must be enclosed in an envelope and delivered to the following address: Guvon Academy, 19 Braam Street, Honeydew, Roodepoort. Please mark for the attention of Ms Sonia Peel.
- The closing date is Friday, 10 May 2019 at 14:00.
- Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not hear from us within ten business days after the closing date.