Field of Study:
The South African Mathematics and Science Teacher Intern Programme (SAMSTIP) is an ISASA initiative, in partnership with Investec Bank and the Department of Basic Education, that aims to address the critical lack of qualified mathematics and science teachers in South Africa.
SAIMSTIP is offering prospective Senior and FET teachers specialising in the fields of Mathematics and the Sciences an opportunity to secure bursaries to study for a one-year Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) at Unisa.
Here's who can apply
- Final year tertiary education students with Mathematics and Life Sciences or Natural Sciences or Physical Sciences credits
- Graduates with the school subjects listed above
- South African citizens with no criminal record
- Graduates below 30 years of age with Mathematics and Life Sciences or Natural Sciences or Physical Sciences majors
- Applicants that meet the legal and institutional requirements of the university and have been accepted into the PGCE for 2022
- Applicants MUST have completed one of the above listed school subjects at a tertiary institution up to at least second year level and the other up to at least third year level
Here's who can't apply
- A graduate who is already registered with a tertiary education institution for a PGCE is not eligible for the bursary
The bursary will fully cover, amongst others, UNISA fees and textbooks as we;; as transport and accommodation allowance. You will also receive a small monthly stipend.