Field of Study:
- Heritage Resources
- Humanities Graduate Centre
- Information Systems
- Engineering & the Built Environment
- Chemical and Metallurgical Engineering
- Electrical & Information Engineering
- Health Science Education
- Biological and Life Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Geography, Archaeology & Environmental Studies
- Animal, Plant & Environmental Sciences
The Embassy of Ireland in South Africa in partnership with Canon Collins Trust invites applications for scholarships for postgraduate study in Ireland commencing in September 2019.
We are currently open for applications for the 2018/2019 academic year.
A) Annual awards for postgraduate study in:
- Business Managemenr; Economics and Finance
- Agriculture, Food Science; Environment and Rural development
- Gender and Human Rights
- Engineering; Sustainable Technology and Resource Management
- Information system and Communications Technology
Please see this document for a full list of courses you can study under this strand.
B) One annual award will be made for a fellowship in:
- LLM in International and Comparative Law at Trinity College Dublin. This will be selected by the Council for the Advancement of the South African Constitution (CASAC).
- Please see this document for a description of the course you can study on this fellowship.
The Kader Asmal Fellowships will cover:
- university application fees
- tuition fees
- examination and other fees
- economy travel to and from your country of residence to Ireland;
- settling in allowance, book allowance and study allowance
- a monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover other living expense for you only and
- the costs of an entry clearance (student visitor visa) application
- be a South African citizen holding a South African Permanent Residence Permit
- have achieved the necessary standard to be accepted onto a postgraduate course in an institute of higher education in Ireland
- be seeking funding for a full-time postgraduate programme in one of the above listed subject areas
- be able to take up fellowship in the academic year 2018/2019
- Not have already applied for a course at an institution in Ireland - if you have already been admitted to a university you are not eligible
Please note applicants already in possession of a Master’s degree are not eligible