Field of Study:
The Department of Health is promoting careers in Health Sciences and is offering provincial bursaries to qualifying students in various fields.
Fields include Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Oral Hygiene, Dietetics, Radiography (Ultrasound), Medicine, Psychology (clinical), Emergency Medical Care, Medical Orthotics and Prosthetics, Health Promotion Radiography (Diagnostic and Ultrasound), Audiology.
You must return the FULLY COMPLETED form to the same Hospital you collected it from.
Who Can Apply:
A poster advertising the KZN Department of Health’s Bursary Program will be placed at all Provincial Hospitals, Internet, Clinics and Municipal Offices, and will clearly display the respective fields of study / scarce skills required by the KZN Department of Health.
Please ensure that you apply for a bursary if you are indeed studying for a degree/diploma as captured and advertised on the poster per District.
Closing Date: 17 January 2020
In order to qualify for this bursary, the applicant must:
- Be from KwaZulu-Natal
- Have a good academic record
- Have proof of application/registration to a Tertiary Institution
- Not be the recipient of another bursary
- Must not have another degree/diploma
Conditions of Bursary:
- Funding for the bursary will be made on a sliding scale in terms of parents income as follow:
- R0 - R120000 (Tuition, Meals, Books, Accommodation)
- R121000 - R150000 (Tuition, Meals and Accommodation)
- R151000 - R200000 (Tuition, Accommodation, Books)
- R201000 - R250000 (Tuition, Accommodation)
- R251000 - R300000 (Tuition only)