Field of Study:
The Department of Arts & Culture in Pretoria is offering language practice bursaries to eligible students at the University of the Western Cape.
The bursaries are available to deserving students in the:
- Linguistics Department
- Xhosa Department
- Afrikaans Department
- Language Education Department
The bursaries are managed by the Linguistics Department.
Closing date: 12 June 2020
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be a top achieving student in the language fields
- You must be an undergraduate, Honours or Masters student at UWC
- You do not hold any other source of government funding, e.g. NRF or NSFAS
- You are taking or have taken courses in several of the following areas:
- Linguistics Theory (e.g. morphology, phonology, syntax / grammar)
- Translation and Editing
- Terminology Development
- Language Planning
- Human language Technologies
- South African Sign Language
For queries contact Mrs Candice Oliver – [email protected]
How to Apply:
Please complete the online application using the link: https://forms.gle/EM9EJUt6MxekaU6G7
The following documents must be uploaded with the application form:
1. Certified copy of South African ID
2. Proof of registration for 2020.
3. Academic transcript for all semesters of study at UWC
(To access your academic transcript go to www.uwc.ac.za. Click on online services. Click on student portal. Sign into your student account. Go to "view my full academic history". Screenshot or print academic transcript per year and upload)
First year students can submit their first semester transcript when it is available.
Applications will not be processed without supporting documents