Field of Study:
The Maize Trust is offering bursaries to students wishing to pursue their Masters and Doctoral studies. The field of study must be relevant to the Maize industry.
The total amount of the bursary is R65 776 per year for two years for MSc students and R79 622 per year for three years for PhD students.
The bursary is open to students studying in the following fields of study:
- Agricultural economics
- Agricultural engineering
- Agricultural meteorology
- Food sciences (relevant to the crop industry)
- Livestock sciences
- Molecular biology
- Plant biochemistry
- Pasture sciences
- Plant breeding
- Plant physiology
- Plant entomology
- Plant nematology
- Plant pathology
- Soil science
- Soil microbiology
- Weed science
- South African citizen busy with fulltime study.
- Busy with Masters and Doctoral studies.
- field of study must be relevant to the South African maize industry.
Direct all enquiries directly to Maize Trust:
Address: Grain Building 477 Witherite Street THE WILLOWS 0184
Post: P.O. Box 74626 LYNNWOOD RIDGE Pretoria 0040
Tel: +27 (12) 807 3958/4191
Fax: +27 (12) 349-8707
Email: [email protected]
Conditions of Bursary:
- The topic for the thesis must be approved by the Maize Trust.
- A mentor for the study programme must be nominated and, together with the university where the study will be undertaken, must be approved by the Maize Trust.
- Students will be expected to work in the South African maize industry for a period that is the same length as the period for which a bursary was awarded.
How to Apply:
Complete the application form and submit the following documents:
- A curriculum vitae
- The full past study particulars
- A short summary of the intended thesis
- A copy of the applicant's ID
Submit the complete application to: [email protected]