Field of Study:
Masakh’iSizwe offers bursaries for full-time studies towards a degree or diploma in the transport, engineering and built environment disciplines:
- Construction Management
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Quantity Surveying
- Town and Regional Planning
- Transport Economists
- Property Studies
These bursaries apply to students studying towards a degree or higher diploma at the following institutions:
- University of Cape Town
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- Stellenbosch University
The Masakh’iSizwe Bursary Programme:
- Prioritises financially disadvantaged learners when awarding bursaries, especially women, students with disabilities and learners from rural communities.
- Provides support services programmes.
- Secures learning opportunities for Masakh’iSizwe bursars (i.e. interns).
- Secures employment opportunities for graduates.
Applications close on 31 August 2021.
- Be a South African citizen
- Accepted at the relevant tertiary institutions
- Preference will be given, but not limited to: - Persons with disabilities, the financially disadvantaged, female learners and applicants from rural areas of South Africa
Conditions of Bursary:
The bursaries are offered on a work-back basis. In other words, you will have to work in the public service for one year for every year you have received a bursary.
During your studies, you will also need be to:
- Attend workshops, events and meetings
- Partake in outreach programmes
- Undertake academic experiential training
The bursary covers:
- Tuition fees
- Support programmes
- All prescribed books and materials
- Accommodation and meals (or transport costs)
How to Apply:
Submit completed applications as follows:
Post to the following address:
Masakh’iSizwe Bursary Programme
Private Bag X9185
Hand deliver to the following address: Masakh’iSizwe Bursary programme 23rd Floor, Atterbury House 9 Riebeek Street Cape Town
Applicants for BCV Company Bursaries must submit their applications directly to the company.