Field of Study:
NOTICE NUMBER 311/2019
MUNICIPAL BURSARY PROGRAMME 2020 (In collaboration with Provincial Treasury)
(R 40 000 per student per annum)
Applications are invited from students who are currently studying at tetiary institution, as well as learners that are currently in Grade 12, or have passed Grade 12 for financial assistance towards further studies for the 2020 academic.
The award is limited to full-time studies at an accredited tertiary institution.
Students must reside within the Greater Oudtshoorn Municipality including the rural areas.
The aim of this programme is to develop students and learners with potential and performing learners within the Municipality’s municipal area, affording partiality to individuals from historically disadvantaged societal groups and individuals with disabilities.
Bursaries will be allocated for a period of one (1) year to allow students to undertake a undergraduate or Post graduate full time Degree or Diploma in the following study fields namely, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Supply Chain Management, Internal Audit, Risk Management, Infrastructure.
Applications will only be considered if it is correctly and fully completed and the following documentation is attached:
- Certified copy of Grade 12 certificate/Statement of results
- Proof of registration at any tertiary institution
- Certified copy of identity document
- Proof of residential address
- Combined household income
How to Apply:
Application forms are available at all municipal offices, libraries, the Youth Office and Oudtshoorn Thusong Service Centre during normal work hours (07:30-16:00).
- An application form accompanied by a curriculum vitae and certified copies of qualifications and identity document (not older than three (3) months) must be submitted to: HR Manager: Development & Transformation, Department Corporate Services, P.O. Box 255, Oudtshoorn, 6620 (submit applications to Ms M Ayford, Senior HR Officer: Skills Development or Mrs R January, Senior Clerk: Skills Development, Oudtshoorn Municipality, Corner of Voortrekker Road and Baron Van Reede Street).
CLOSING DATE: Friday, 22 November at 12:00
Please Note: Canvassing will result in automatic disqualification. If you have not been contacted within 30 working days after the closing date of this advertisement, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful. Curriculum vitae’s will not be returned. No applications sent via e-mail or fax will be considered.