Field of Study:
The Department of Cooperative Governance (DCoG); through the National Disaster Management Centre (NDMC} hereby invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the National Disaster Management Centre's Bursary Programme for the 2020 Academic year.
The NDMC's Bursary Programme seeks to fund selected students enrolled for a higher qualification in Disaster Risk Science and/or Disaster Management at Public Institutions in South Africa.
CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY:
Applicants must have been admitted/accepted at a South African Public Institution of Higher Learning of their choice by the time the bursary is advertised; and Students who are financially needy and are South African citizens.
Applicants should submit the following documents with the application forms:
- Brief Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- National Senior Certificate
- Proof of admission or acceptance from the public tertiary institution
- Certified copy of a valid South African Identity Document
- Proof of residence
- Proof of income for the employed applicants. Proof of income of parents/ guardians in the case of dependents or an affidavit with supporting documents in the case where the student does not have parents
- Disclosure of other sources of financial support
- Applicants will be required to enter into a contract with DCOG through the NDMC.
How to Apply:
APPLICATION FORM: Download the application form ATTACHED.
ALLOWANCES: The Bursary Programme will cover the following: Tuition fees including registration fee; Book allowance (where applicable); & or Research allowance (where applicable).
Successful students are expected to enter into a bursary contract with DCOG - NDMC. The agreement contains all general provisions related to the Bursary Programme.
Applications should be posted to: The Director: Disaster Management, Education, Training, Awareness and Research, Private Bag X 804, Pretoria, 0001. All enquiries should be directed to: Mr. M.H. Kgwetiane, tel. (012) 848 4615; mobile phone: 060 983 6914 or by email: [email protected]
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 31 January 2020.
Applications submitted by email will NOT be considered and late applications will not be accepted.
NB: Incomplete applications will not be considered. Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates on or before 28 February 2020.