National Film & Video Foundation Bursaries 2021
The NFVF is offering bursaries to students who have a passion for the industry but do not have the financial resources to pursue their passion. There are bursaries for students studying at national institutions and students studying at international tertiary institutions for film courses that are not available in South Africa.
Closing date: 31 August 2021.
- Student should be accepted and registered at an institution that offers formal tertiary qualifications.
- Should be able to demonstrate financial need, i.e. by submitting parent’s payslips etc.
- Should have proof of good academic results (secondary).
- Should submit a required one-page motivational letter demonstrating why the individual is a good candidate to receive a bursary.
How to Apply:
Visit the NFVF website to apply online
Students applying for international bursaries must provide the following supporting documents:
- A cover letter including personal motivation for study and its relevance to the applicant's intended career path, as well as how the skills acquired will benefit South Africa.
- A letter of support from the international institution.
- Proof of excellence within the applicant's field of competency.
The Portuguese National Foundation for Science and Technology (FCT) is offering a scholarship for PhD graduates. This scholarship will be awarded in collaboration with the Atlantic International Research Centre (AIR Centre).
Through this scholarship programme, ten PhD grants will be offered to candidates studying in the following fields:
You have the chance to study in Ireland! The Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme is aimed at offering fully-funded scholarship opportunities to South African students. Selected students will be chosen to study at Master’s level in Ireland’s Higher Education Institutions.
Students from Historically Disadvantaged Institutions are encouraged to apply.
Matric learners are invitied to take part in the The University of Free State star of stars competition.
Learners who are top academic achievers and residing in the Free State province will be considered. Applicants must have applied to study at the UFS before the closing date in order to enter the Star of Stars competition.
SATI is awarding bursaries for Undergraduate and Postgraduate studies.
Bursaries will be awarded in the following fields of study:
Are you in high school and in need of funding for your studies? The South African National Roads Agency (SANRAL) wants to help you study further.
Learners from grades 8 to 12 are invited to apply for funding. You can get funding regardless of your subject choices!
Closing date: 30 September 2021.