Field of Study:
NMISA is offering an undergraduate bursary at a recognised South African University.
Upon completion, the bursar will be required to work one year for every year of study sponsored by NMISA.
Successful graduates will follow an exciting career at NMISA in the Science of Accurate Measurement (Metrology).
NMISA is the custodian of the South Africa national measurement standards, thus you will be working closely with experts on the realisation of the International System (SI) of units in Physical Metrology.
A bursary is offered in the following field of study:
- BTech or BEng Technology in Mechanical/Mechatronic Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Materials Science
Who can apply:
- Candidates who are in possession of a National Diploma or are completing their P2 work integrated learning
- Candidates who can demonstrate above average manual dexterity, use of hand tools and basic understanding of the operation and maintenance of basic mechanical systems
- Candidates must have the intention of studying further
- Applicants must be South African Citizens
- Students with above average academic performance and financially needy
Bursaries are offered on academic merit and financial need.
Undergraduate students who are registered full-time at a recognised South African university in any of the fields listed above.
Candidates who are able to provide grade 11 results and progress report for grade 12 or are in possession of Grade 12 exemption certificate with acceptable symbols. Applicants must be South African Citizens
The full costs of registration and tuition; residence fees and allowance for prescribed books and necessary requirements.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to gain work experience at NMISA during vacations.
How to Apply:
NMISA subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged candidates who meet the requirements and who will add to the cultural and gender diversity of the organisation.
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: [email protected]
2) Fax: 086 756 3451
Private Bag X 34