Field of Study:
The DSI and NRF are pleased to announce a call of new applications for NRF Postgraduate Student Funding for the 2021 Academic year. All continuing students who are eligible for a second or third year of funding must submit a Progress Report and not a new application.
Scholarships are open to students wishing to pursue studies in:
- Social Sciences
- Academic requirement of an average of 65%
- Applicants must be 28, 30 and 32 years of age or younger respectively in the year of application
- Wishing to pursue studies in Science, Engineering, Technology, Social Sciences, and Humanities
Successful applicants will be funded either at Full Cost Study (FCS) or Partial Cost of Study (PCS)
- The FCS funding will be awarded to South African citizens and permanent residents only, who are either financially needy (i.e., those whose combined household family income is less or equal to R350 000 per annum), living with a disability or exceptional academic achievers
- The PCS funding will be awarded to 5% of international students including South African citizens and permanent residents who could not be funded under FCS but meet other minimum requirements for the NRF scholarship funding criteria.
How to Apply:
The NRF has phased out the block grant nomination process as well as the grant-holder linked modalities of funding postgraduate students in 2020. As from 2021 funding year, all the postgraduate students will be expected to apply on the NRF Online Submission System by accessing the link: https://nrfsubmission.nrf.ac.za/(link is external)
No manual applications will be accepted.