Field of Study:
The Oppenheimer Memorial Trust (OMT) awards a limited number of scholarships annually. These scholarships are for postgraduate study at public Higher Education Institutions in South Africa at Master’s, Doctoral and Postdoctoral level.
South African citizens or permanent residents may apply for Masters and Doctoral programmes. Foreign nationals may only apply for Postdoctoral programmes.
Closing date: 31 October 2021
- Residents of South Africa (age is not a factor in selection)
- Be an outstanding achiever and very well established in your field
- Regarded as leading scholars internationally, have undertaken advanced research for many years and have a track record of sustained intellectual effort
- Demonstrate a commitment to transferring skills and building capacity in South Africa
Conditions of Bursary:
Scholarships are limited to one degree or programme of study for the following periods: a maximum of two years for Master’s study, a maximum of three years for PhD and two years at Postdoctoral level. Exceptions may be made for Master’s scholarship holders upgrading to PhD level.
How to Apply:
Submit a written submission electronically to the Trust: [email protected]
Submit the following documents:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (not exceeding 6 pages)
- A complete list of publications (by way of an annexure)
- Brief synopsis in lay terms (2 to 3 A4 pages) of the work to be undertaken, together with a written motivation explaining the reasons for the work
- Details of the proposed work programme