Field of Study:
The Paper Manufacturers Association of South Africa (PAMSA) is offering bursaries to post-graduate chemical engineering students. PAMSA offers its Master of Engineering (M.Eng.) study programme which facilitates bursaries and scholarships for eligible applicants.
The programme requires that the applicants have a good academic record and show interest in areas such as bioresource engineering, separation technology, waste valorisation, water technology and novel materials using wood or paper fibre.
The value of bursary is R130,000 per year for two years’ full time study of M.Eng. degree
Closing Date: 22 June 2020
Interviews will be held with selected candidates in July 2020.
- BSc. Eng. graduates interested in enrolling for M.Eng. studies in the bio-technology space of the pulp, paper and board packaging industry.
- A good academic record with a minimum 60% average in the final year of study.
- Applicants must have completed their studies in five years or less.
- Candidates should indicate their areas of interest, for example bioresource engineering, novel material development using wood or paper fibre, energy efficiency, renewable energy and biopolymers, water technology etc.
- South African citizenship is an advantage.
- Interviews will be held with selected candidates in July 2020 – dates to be confirmed.
Contact PAMSA directly:
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 011 803 5063
Successful candidates will be able to gain advanced skills in specialist fields such as wood science, chemical analysis, material and energy balances, process modelling, material flow analysis and separation techniques.
How to Apply:
Applications must be done online by 22 June.