Field of Study:
The Government of the Republic of Azerbaijan is offering scholarships for Bachelor's, Master's and Doctoral programmes to the citizens of Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) countries (including South Africa) to study at leading Azerbaijan universities.
The Department of Higher Education and Training is responsible for nominations for this scholarship.
Bachelor's, Master's and Doctoral
What the scholarship offers
- Tuition fees
- International Flight (once a year, economy class)
- Monthly Stipend to the value of 800 AZN (which includes meals, accommodation and living expenses)
- Medical Insurance
- Visa and registration costs
Any costs not covered or indicated above must be covered by the recipient.
Fields of Study
A large range of fields are included, such as information technology, engineering, etc.
Please refer to the List of participating Universities in Azerbaijan for available courses, eligibility and admission requirements. Studies in Medicine are excluded and will not be considered.
Application deadline is 8 February 2020.
• Citizen of Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) countries (this includes South Africa)
• For undergraduate programmes applicants must be younger than 25 years old
• For Master's programmes applicants must be younger than 30 years old
• For doctoral programmes applicants must be younger than 40 years old
How to Apply:
Selection of applicants will include review of applications and supporting documents, and a face-to-face or Skype interview
Documents and links
- Azerbaijan Scholarship Programme Application Form
- Azerbaijan Call for Scholarships 2020
- List of participating Universities in Azerbaijan
- Azerbaijan Scholarship Programme FAQ
- Guidelines for International Students in Azerbaijan