Field of Study:
The Russian Government offers annual scholarships for South Africans to study at Russian institutions. The scholarship is offered for Bachelor's, Masters and PhD degrees. Most programmes are taught in the Russian language.
Scholarship recipients are required to undertake a preparatory course related to their field of study (including language training) for one year before pursuing their degree studies.
Only after passing the examinations of the college preparatory course can they start their degree studies.
The Department of Higher Education and Training is responsible for nominations for this scholarship.
Placement of candidates at institutions is done by the Russian Ministry of Science and Education.
- Be available to study in Russia from September 2019;
- Demonstrated interest in Russia and commitment to the development of South Africa;
- Applications in all fields of study expect medicine will be considered;
- Preference will be given to postgraduate applicants, previously disadvantaged applicants and applicants in the following fields;
- Environment and climate change
- Engineering sciences
- Maritime Studies
- Natural and physical sciences
- Nuclear and renewable energy
- Space science and technology
- Applicants must meet the minimum academic requirements for entry into a similar programme at a South African university.
Who can apply?
- South African citizens in good health (medical test are required for successful applicants);
- Have a strong academic record
o Bachelor's applicants should have a minimum 70% average in their National Senior Certificate
o Postgraduate applicants should have a minimum average of 65% in their previous studies;
How to Apply:
Candidates are expected to complete two application forms:
1) The DHET application form, to be email with all supporting documents to [email protected] by 27 February 2019.
2) The Russian Government application, to be completed online by 27 February 2019.
Only applicants who complete both applications can be considered.
Applicants must indicate one academic programme and three preferred Russian institutions, based on the list provided. (see links below)