Field of Study:
- Fields of Study
- Any Field of Study
- Clothing and Textiles
- Commerce, Law & Management
- Economic & Business Sciences
- Graphic Design
- Humanities Graduate Centre
- Human & Community Development
- Engineering & the Built Environment
- Architecture & Planning
- Chemical and Metallurgical Engineering
- Postgraduate Studies and Research
ACTWU manages South Africa 's biggest trade union bursary fund. The scheme offers members and their dependents financial support to study at universities, technikons and certain other higher education institutions. The fund was started in 1975 with a small solidarity contribution by trade union members to help support each other to meet the education expenditure of their children.
Today the fund is made up of contributions from workers and companies and through funds generated by SACTWU's investment company. Since the beginning, millions of rands have been paid out in bursaries to thousands of young South Africans whose parents work in the clothing, textile, leather and related industries.
The Bursary Scheme has the following features:
- All bursaries are non-repayable.
- SACTWU members, their husbands or wives, their children and legally adopted children, as well as staff members can apply for a bursary.
- The bursary is paid directly to the university, technikon or college.
- The educational institution must be registered with the National Department of Education.
- The bursary does not cover 100% of the fees. For universities, it pays 75% of fees up to a maximum of R35 000 per annum. The student must pay the remaining percentage of the fees.
- Applications deadline is end February each year for first and full year courses and 2nd week of August for second semester courses.
How to Apply:
Click the following Links to download the Rules and Application Forms