Field of Study:
Bursary applications are invited from first-year students for the 2020 academic year which will be extended to a maximum of three years provided that the candidate adheres to the bursary conditions.
The bursary is restricted to full-time study and attendance at an accredited University or a University of Technology and is eligible to individuals from historically disadvantaged societal groups or individuals with disabilities.
Parents/guardians of the student must reside within the Saldanha Bay Municipal Area.
The maximum estimated bursary amount for 2020 is R70 000 per student.
Applicants who intend to study for an undergraduate degree or a national diploma in the following fields and whom have been accepted by a University or University of Technology
will be considered:
• Supply Chain Management
• Internal Auditing
• Risk Management
• Civil Engineering
• Electrical Engineering
Application forms are available at the Municipality's Human Resource Management offices
during business hours (08:00 - 16:30). Application forms are also available from the
Municipality's website at the following link: http://www.sbm.gov.za/jobs/.
Closing date: 17 January 2020 at 12:00
HE FOLLOWING MUST BE ATTACHED TO THIS APPLICATION (failure to provide all required documents in this section will disqualify your application) Certified copies of:
- Applicants’ ID;
- Parents’/ Guardians’ ID;
- Proof of Parents’/ Guardians’ salary advise, pay-slip or 3 months bank statement (if unemployed);
- Grade 11 Results and also September Grade 12 results;
- Grade 12 results (statement of symbols);
- University provisional acceptance letter;
- Copies of ID documents of persons dependent on family income;
- Affidavit of guardianship (if not staying with parents); and
- Proof of address of Parent or Guardian. In your own handwriting on a separate sheet of paper write an essay on: Firstly
- What motivates you studying towards the funded field; and Secondly - Why do you believe you should be awarded the bursary. (Note that the essay must not exceed 1 000 words.)
How to Apply:
Application Forms and Information ATTACHED