Field of Study:
The South African Mathematics and Science Teacher Intern Programme (SAMSTIP) is an ISASA initiative which was established in conjunction with Investec and the department of Basic education. The aim of the programme is to address the shortage of qualified maths and science teachers in South Africa. SAMSTIP are offering bursaries to senior and Further Education Training (FET) teachers specialising in Mathematics and Science.
The bursary will offer candidates the opportunity to study:
- A four year Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) degree, or
- A one year Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PCGE) at UNISA.
Who can apply?
- South African citizens
- Age range: 18-26 years old
- School leavers with matric exemption (Bachelor pass) and 60% or more in Mathematics, Sciences (Life Science or Physical Sciences) and English;
- Tertiary students with Mathematics and Sciences (Life Science or Physical Sciences) credits;
- Graduates with Mathematics and/or Science majors.
Conditions of Bursary:
- Candidates must study through UNISA.
The bursary will cover:
- UNISA fees, textbooks
- Transport and accommodation allowance
- A small stipend.