Field of Study:
Sanlam is offering bursaries to scholars who have enrolled to study actuarial science.
If you are a whiz at maths, enjoy a good challenge by solving difficult problems and are willing to remain focused and disciplined through years of studying and training, then you are just who Sanlam is looking for.
Closing Date: 31 July 2021
- Final Grade 11 results and Grade 12 min-year 2019 results as well as NBT results
- Certified copy of your identity document (ID)
- Grade 12 results may be used as determining factor
- An above 90% score in Mathematics and an overall A aggregate
- A motivation to support your application that answers the following questions:
- In your own words, can you describe what an actuary does?
- Why do you want to study actuarial science?
- Why do you believe you have what it takes to become an actuary?
- Why should Sanlam choose you to be a bursary holder?
- If you are not successful at becoming an actuary, what other career paths are you considering?
- Tuition and accommodation fees
- General allowance (Books and pocket money)
- Mentoring and academic support from Sanlam actuarial professionals
- Vacation work and networking opportunities with Sanlam staff
- Guaranteed employment after completion of studies
- Continued support and payment towards actuarial board exams
- Range of work rotation opportunities across a broad spectrum of disciplines
How to Apply:
All applications need to be completed online via the Sanlam Career Opportunities website.
It is important that you submit the following documents with your application:
- Your CV
- A certified copy of your ID
- Final Grade 11 results and Grade 12 mid-year results
- A letter of motivation to support your application