Field of Study:
Do you know Grade 6 girl and boy learners, no older than 12, who achieve marks of 70% and above in Maths, Science and English and come from low-income homes?
Student Sponsorship Programme (SSP) is on the lookout for such children to take the opportunity with a five-year SSP scholarship to attend one of our 25 partner schools.
We collect thousands of applications in urban areas, peri-urban areas, townships and outlying areas of Johannesburg, Pretoria, East London and Grahamstown.
The 5-year scholarship includes:
- School uniforms
- Sports gear
- Educational excursions
In order to qualify, applicants should meet all of the following minimum criteria:
- Currently be in Grade 6 (2019)
- 12 years old or younger
- Attaining an average of 70% and above in their latest academic report
- Attaining an average of 70% and above for Mathematics, Natural Science and English
- Demonstrate financial need: combined household gross income not exceeding R20 000 per month
How to Apply:
How to Apply
When you are ready to apply, please have the following documents on hand:
- Certified copy of Scholar's Birth Certificate
- Certified copy of Scholar's final Grade 5 Report
- Certified copy of Scholar's Term 2 Grade 6 Report
- Certified Copies of Parent/Guardian(s) ID
- Certified copy of latest payslip (For both Parent/Guardian(s), if applicable)
- Certified copy of SASSA Letter of Confirmation (If applicable)
- Latest 3 months of bank statements
- Certified copy of study permit (If applicable)
- Certified copy of residential status (For applicants who are foreign nationals)
- If recently unemployed, a certified letter of retrenchment or termination letter
- An Affidavit (If unemployed)
- If self-employed, please submit the annual financial statements of your business (IT34 Document)
Do you know or have students currently in Grade 6? Please "SHARE" this great opportunity by placing a comment below.