Field of Study:
- Heritage Resources
- Humanities (Law major)
- School of Arts
- School of Education
- Social Sciences
- Literature, Language and Media
- Human & Community Development
- Information Systems
- Museum Management and Curatorship
- Biological and Life Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Animal, Plant & Environmental Sciences
Scholarships offered by the Romanian State to foreign citizens through the MFA
The Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) and the Romanian Department of Public, Cultural and Scientific Diplomacy are offering 85 scholarship opportunities to foreign citizens, to study in Romania.
This opportunity is open to students who wish to pursue studies in Bachelor's, Master's and PhD.
Courses will be taught in Romanian language.
Students who are not proficient in Romanian language will be required to do a one-year preparatory course before commencing with their major studies.
The below intended for South African applicants only.
Bachelor's, Master's and PhD.
Fields of Study
- Political and Administrative Sciences
- Educational Sciences
- Romanian Culture and Civilization
- Technical Studies
- Petrol and Gas
- Veterinary Medicine
- Visual Arts
Scholarships are NOT awarded in the fields of medicine and pharmacy.
The deadline for submitting the application files is 28 February 2019.
- Applicants must be in good health and have a strong academic record;
- Must present study papers issued by accredited / recognized educational institutions;
- Applicants must not be older than 35 years of age for Bachelor's and Master's studies and 45 years
respectively for Doctoral studies, by 31 December of the year in which they are nominated;
- Candidates must be prepared to fund any costs not covered by the scholarship.
The fields of study are the following (indicative list):
- visual arts,
- Romanian culture and civilization,
- political and administrative sciences,
- education sciences,
- social and human sciences,
- technical studies,
- oil and gas,
- agricultural sciences,
- veterinary medicine
- Scholarships are NOT awarded in the fields of medicine and pharmacy.
Applications must contain the following documents:
- The MFA application form (Appendix 1) for a scholarship in Romania;
- The MNE application form (Appendix 2) for the issue of the letter of acceptance to study in Romania;
- Official copies of qualifications (Bachelor's, Master's and Doctoral degrees, if any);
- Official copies of transcripts;
- Official copy of birth certificate;
- Copy of the first 3 pages of the passport (including photo page);
- Medical certificate attesting to the fact that the person enrolling in the study does not have contagious diseases or other conditions incompatible with the required studies;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- A recent passport photo.
Conditions of Bursary:
What the scholarship offers
- Tuition fees
- Stipend: Bachelor's: Romanian leu equivalent to 65 € p/m; Master's: Romanian leu equivalent to
75€ p/m; PhD: Romanian leu equivalent to 85 € p/m
The scholarship does not cover meals, international and local transport. Candidates must be
prepared to personally support these and any other expenses.
How to Apply:
South African applicants who meet the above mentioned criteria should send their application form and documents to the Department of Higher Education and Training by email at:
[email protected] by 28 February 2019.